Monday, January 16, 2012

Recipe: Pimento Cheese Cornbread Muffins



I love to have bread with soups, stews and chilies.  I think that it makes the meals.  But, cornbread can get kinda boring after a while so I wanted to somehow "jazz" it up one night when we were having Sausage Potato Soup.  I wanted the muffins to be cheesy but different cheesy.  My kids love pimento cheese so I thought it would be a great add in to my packaged corn muffin mix.  It was just the right amount of cheesy with a little extra flavor.  Even better is when you split the muffins and spread some pimento cheese on them.  These are super easy to bake because it is made from a buttermilk/cornbread mix plus a few more ingredients.  I think this would also be good for chili or we love to have a pot of pintos and cornbread.

Enjoy!


Pimento Cheese Cornbread Muffins
by Wende Rickett/The Rickett Chronicles
Ingredients
  • 1 package buttermilk cornbread mix + the additional ingredients needed on the back of the package
  • 1/3 cup pimento cheese spread

Instructions
  1. Heat oven according to package directions.
  2. Spray a 12 cup muffin pan with nonstick spray or line with liners and set aside.
  3. In a mixing bowl, add package mix plus ingredients listed on the package. (One of the ingredients on my mix was melted butter, but I omitted.)
  4. Add pimento cheese and gently mix until just combined.
  5. Scoop mix into muffin pan, about 2/3 of the way) and place in oven.
  6. Bake as suggested on the package or until the muffins are golden and the baked through.
  7. Allow to cool in the pan for a few minutes before serving.
Powered by Recipage



Linked To:





4 comments:

  1. That sounds yummy! And so simple!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This looks more moist than my cornbread. I have to try it with the cheese. Thanks for sharing with My Meatless Mondays.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wende, we just love Pimento Cheese and to add it to corn bread would be a special treat. I am going to give this recipe a try. Hope you are having a great week end and thank you so much for sharing with Full Plate Thursday.
    Come Back Soon!
    Miz Helen

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congratulations!
    Your recipe is featured on Full Plate Thursday this week. Hope you are having a wonderful day and enjoy your new Red Plate.
    Come Back Soon!
    Miz Helen

    ReplyDelete